Friday, January 11, 2008

New Staff at WYA

As of January, we have doubled the number of staff working in our NY office, we have also added one in our European office, and replaced one in our Latin American office. I love new staff!

In Europe, Francois Jacob has stepped into his role as Director of Europe. After taking the first week to feel his way around the office and read through the archives he is now meeting our members and supporters and beginning to plan activities throughout Europe.

In Latin America Carlos is in the process of a staff transition, learning the systems, files, procedures and responsibilities of his new job as Director of Operations for Latin America.

In North America, Shannon Joseph is the new Director of North America. She is the first Director in almost two years now, and I have to admit that I am relearning my role as President now. Since I've started working for WYA I've been performing the job of President while also doing my best to keep some semblance of activity and communication alive in NA. This means I've been dialoguing and working with a number of persons who rightfully would work with the Director.

Since Shannon has begun her work, I've been able to tackle so many projects and issues which had been building and accumulating for months and had given up hope of ever having time for. She has given me a renewed appreciation for all the talented staff I have.

Two new international staff have also joined WYA. Kristen Panico is joining Maria Grizzetti on our Development team. She's already had a number of exciting, useful ideas for us to pursue which we hadn't thought of. Her experience in marketing is proving to be quite valuable to us all. Lastly, Cathy Young is our new Director of Communications. She comes to us from a background in neuromolecular research for cancer, so her new position is quite a change from all she's done before. Thanks to her background in science she is determined to meet deadlines, and thanks to leaving science is determined to discover every creative ability she has and use it for WYA's benefit.

I have only one last position I am searching for, International Director of Operations. All I will say is if this title sounds cool check out the website at www.wya.net.

So, why am I bothering to post what sounds like an annual report? Cuz it's my life! I truly do love new staff, and these amazing people make all of WYA's work possible. Since I spend the majority of my life currently trying to make our work more efficient and our ideas reach more people, anyone who contributes to this with me makes my life so much happier! Thanks guys :)

No comments: